Monday, March 30, 2009

Great Weekend!!

I have been feeling very good these last few days. Joe and I had a great weekend together. We accomplished quite a bit. It feels good to be doing something productive for a change. I hope this feeling doesn't go away. It has to be the medication. Time will tell.

On Saturday, we drove up to Weeki Wachee and put up most of the privacy fence. Most importantly, we put up the front. After we got the fence up, we both planted gardens. I planted a flower garden in front of the fence, complete with solar nightlights. Gardenias, azaleas, desert rose, a blueberry bush and a grape vine. Joe planted a few trees and several vegetables in the back yard. This took us almost all day. Luckily, we had a good downpour so, we didn't need to water the plants in the morning.

Sunday, we had a late start. We had originally planned on going to a geocaching event in Fort De Soto, but it started earlier than we thought. The weather wasn't the best either, so we decided not to go. Joe did some work on the transmission of the red Geo Metro. Later we cleaned and organized the house. We loaded a dresser, nightstand, two end tables and a rocking chair onto the trailer and brought them home to Tampa. Now the only thing needed is Grandma's couch for the living room. We ran out of time to get that. I will try to get it on Monday.

We finally put up the baby's portacrib. Michelle seems to be depressed lately. I wonder if it's because she's getting nervous about having the baby or maybe she misses Kelvin. It could also be the fact that she's not getting along with Joe. Maybe its all of these things. I will have to try and cheer her up, or see if she will let me know what's bothering her. She stays at home inside all the time, and that worries me, it's a sign of depression. Maybe having the baby will get her motivated to start being more active. She should be nesting by now.

I am hoping to have a good week. I am feeling much better and hopefully I can get out and do things with Michelle, Christina and Joey. I haven't been spending enough time with them lately and I am feeling bad about that. I think they understand that I've been depressed though. Time to make it up to them. It's about time!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad i found your blog & that we follow each other on twitter. i can relate to trying to parent with depression, as my blog (and many of my tweets)will attest. i hope the new medication you're on stabilizes you and that you continue to use writing to heal. i'll be reading and sending good vibes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete