Sunday, June 28, 2009

Moody Blues

The last group therapy session I went to was last Thursday. Everything went well during group, but as I was driving home, I broke down in tears. I haven't really been bringing up the things that have been bothering me in group. Almost as if I'm trying to be perfect and without problems. Well, I was crying so hard, and having a terrible time, so I emailed Joe. I probably shouldn't do that to him since he is at work, but I did it anyway. He threatened to call Val, my therapist, when it just occurred to me, "Why don't I just call Val and tell her myself." So I did, I told her that there were a few things bothering me that I was afraid to bring up in group. She understood and made me feel much better. I've got to remember to bring up these topics. How else will I learn to cope with them?

I really wish I'd stop getting these urges to hurt myself. It comes and goes and when I have the urge, nothing makes me feel better. I was glad to had Joe around this weekend to talk to about it. Even though I've been told be nearly everyone to avoid him, especially when it comes to emotional issues. I don't regret spending the weekend with him at all. I fact, I enjoyed his company. I'm feeling much better this evening than I have in the last 4 days. I really hate being so moody. I guess the mood stabilizer I'm on isn't doing the trick.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sharon!

    Thanks for following my blog. As far as this post goes, totally feel ya.

    1. I hate breaking down crying when you're driving. Sometimes I've made it home and sometimes I've pulled into a gas station and just bawled until I could get myself under control.

    2. It may not exactly be positive, but when I want to hurt myself, I take a hot shower. Really, really hot. You can't really scald yourself and it's just enough of a stimulus sometimes to make my brain snap out of whatever that pain cycle is.

    ReplyDelete